Friday, October 1, 2010

golden shower tree

This is the Golden Shower Tree. I didn't even make it up. And look, what a perfect name. The yellow flowers cascading down in large buoyant bunches, turning into lovely 12-20 inch long brown pods that when snapped open, have a delicious goo in between each seed. Its flavor is a mix of chocolate and date and is so so sweet - so you're not inclined to eat too much. Good thing, as if you do it can be a mild laxative.


I am admire the trees daily and collect flowers. For the last week AT&T guys have been working on a circuit board on the street where I park my truck. We greet each other and chat while I collect flowers from a Golden Shower Tree. The flowers are usually up quite high and not so easy to reach. One day I returned to find a lovely arrangement of flowers on my truck. Thanks guys. That made me so happy.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

it looks like they left you a present, too...

nellie said...

what are you implying there, shorty?

Unknown said...

oh, wait, maybe the white paper wrapped with electrical tape is just holding the bouquet, it's not a separate present...

dang.

implication revoked.